India's 'Predator' To Take Off In A Year

India's Rustom-2/H medium altitude long endurance UAS is scheduled to make its first flight in February 2014. As I've reported here before, the platform will be built in two variants, a base surveillance version and an armed strike version on the lines of the MQ-1 Predator. Prototypes will begin ground testing and ground systems checks in August this year, according to ADE officials I spoke to at Aero India. The picture here is from a poster I saw detailing the platform's landing gear.

In June last year, I picked up this slide that for the first time articulates the Rustom-2/H's strike profile. And in April 2011, I'd chanced upon information about a stand-off extended range version of the HELINA anti-armour weapon that would be potentially integrated on the Rustom-2/H in the future.

Follow @livefist Follow @ShivAroor

Labels: , , , ,